Would you like to learn more about thriving through uncertainty and/or gaining the motivation necessary to overcome an anxiety disorder? We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources below.
- Daring to Challenge OCD: Overcome Your Fear of Treatment and Take Control of Your Life Using Exposure and Response Prevention by Joan Davidson, Ph.D.
- An overview of OCD: Read a few excerpts from Joan’s book about obsessions, the underlying themes of OCD, compulsions and avoidance, and exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy.
- Dr. Jonathan Grayson’s Blog: Tips on managing OCD (and uncertainty) by the author of Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Jonathan Hershfield, MFT’s Blog: OCD insights from Jonathan Hershfield, MFT, co-author of The Mindfulness Workbook for OCD and the forthcoming book When a Family Member Has OCD
- The Upside of Stress: Why Stress Is Good for You, and How to Get Good at It by Kelly McGonigal, PhD
Hope and Inspiration
- Our inspiring music playlist submitted by KeyWords subscribers
- The Adversity 2 Advocacy Alliance: Read inspiring stories from people who have turned personal challenges into service to others with similar challenges
- Project Hope Exchange: An initiative of Life Vest Inside and The A2A Alliance, where you can give hope and get hope, all in 30 seconds
- Recovery From OCD Is Possible:
Advice for an Amazing Life, by Stuart Ralph of The OCD Stories:
- I’m On My Way, written by Rachel Gesner and Dean Kravitz and sung by Rachel Gesner:
Videos and Movies about Thriving through Anxiety, Doubt, and Uncertainty
Navigating Uncertainty and Managing Doubt
The Noise in Your Head by Reid Wilson, PhD
UNSTUCK: An OCD kids movie
Jeff’s Story: How My Illness Became a Gift
Shala’s Story: Is Fred in the Refrigerator?
Jeff and Shala on The OCD Stories with Stuart Ralph
Jeff on The OCD Stories with Stuart Ralph
Shala Answers Your OCD Recovery Questions on The OCD Stories
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): ADAA’s mission is to promote the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression, and stress-related disorders through education, practice, and research. ADAA also has a series of free educational recorded webinars about the treatment of anxiety disorders and depression on their website.
- The International OCD Foundation (IOCDF): An international not-for-profit organization made up of people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and related disorders, as well as their families, friends, professionals and others.
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT): A multidisciplinary organization committed to the advancement of scientific approaches to the understanding and improvement of human functioning through the investigation and application of behavioral, cognitive, and other evidence-based principles to the assessment, prevention, treatment of human problems, and the enhancement of health and well-being.
- Anxieties.com: the website of Dr. Reid Wilson, author of Stopping the Noise in Your Head and owner of the Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center of Durham and Chapel Hill, NC, offering free self-help information on panic attacks, OCD, fear of flying, phobias, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Sign up to learn about upcoming events
We’ll let you know when are next webinars and in-person events are scheduled. And we will never sell or share your name or information with anyone!