Beyond the Doubt Outreach
We know what it’s like to have a serious mental illness, as both of us have OCD. We understand that dealing with your condition can be overwhelming, as you try to find the right treatment, obtain appropriate support, and reduce impact on your loved ones. Many times, you feel like you are all alone, and that you have to hide your suffering.
But we are here to tell you that you are not alone. And you do not have to hide. Or suffer.
Because of our own personal experiences living with and recovering from mental illness, we are passionately committed to mental health outreach, including:
- Raising awareness of mental illness, especially anxiety disorders and OCD
- Helping people find the appropriate, evidence-based treatment for their condition
- Fighting stigma surrounding mental health challenges
- Providing inspiration, through sharing our own personal success stories and those of others
- Providing “field-tested” (and re-tested, and re-re-tested) strategies for thriving through uncertainty
- Sharing the Greater Good Perspective Shift motivational framework
- Sharing our Four Keys Out When Stuck in Doubt
Each year we offer pro bono talks about mental health awareness, as part of our commitment to turn our own stories of adversity into advocacy. Further, if you are currently unable to afford to register for one of our events, please contact us. We offer a limited number of pro bono slots for each event in hopes of making our work available to all who are interested.
We are also continuing to build our lists of resources for people who are struggling with anxiety, whether it’s in the form of a diagnosable disorder or from the uncertainty we all face at work and home.
We encourage you to visit our resources pages below, as well as the National Alliance on Mental Illness. Or, if you have an event at which you’d like us to speak about mental health awareness, please get in touch!