Would you like to learn more about thriving through uncertainty and/or gaining the motivation necessary to overcome an anxiety disorder? We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources below.
- The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
- Rewind, Replay, Repeat: A Memoir of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by Beyond the Doubt Co-Founder, Jeff Bell
- When in Doubt, Make Belief: An OCD-Inspired Approach to Living with Uncertainty by Beyond the Doubt Co-Founder, Jeff Bell
- Daring to Challenge OCD: Overcome Your Fear of Treatment and Take Control of Your Life Using Exposure and Response Prevention by Joan Davidson, Ph.D.
- An overview of OCD: Read a few excerpts from Joan’s book about obsessions, the underlying themes of OCD, compulsions and avoidance, and exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy.
- Our Beyond the Doubt Psychology Today Blog: An inside perspective on life with OCD and the lessons of uncertainty
- Jeff’s From Adversity to Advocacy Psychology Today Blog: Exploring how we help ourselves by helping others
- Shala’s Aha! Moments Blog: Insights about overcoming and living in recovery from OCD
- Dr. Jonathan Grayson’s Blog: Tips on managing OCD (and uncertainty) by the author of Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Jonathan Hershfield, MFT’s Blog: OCD insights from Jonathan Hershfield, MFT, co-author of The Mindfulness Workbook for OCD and the forthcoming book When a Family Member Has OCD
- When Anxiety Is at the Table in The New York Times by Beyond the Doubt Co-Founder Jeff Bell
- Just made a bad decision? Perhaps anxiety is to blame in Medical Xpress
Hope and Inspiration
- The Adversity 2 Advocacy Alliance: Read inspiring stories from people who have turned personal challenges into service to others with similar challenges
- Project Hope Exchange: An initiative of Life Vest Inside and The A2A Alliance, where you can give hope and get hope, all in 30 seconds
- Recovery From OCD Is Possible:
Advice for an Amazing Life, by Stuart Ralph of The OCD Stories:
- I’m On My Way, written by Rachel Gesner and Dean Kravitz and sung by Rachel Gesner:
Videos on Thriving through Anxiety, Doubt, and Uncertainty
Navigating Uncertainty and Managing Doubt
The Noise in Your Head by Reid Wilson, PhD
Jeff’s Story: How My Illness Became a Gift
Shala’s Story: Is Fred in the Refrigerator?
Jeff and Shala on The OCD Stories with Stuart Ralph
Jeff on The OCD Stories with Stuart Ralph
Shala Answers Your OCD Recovery Questions on The OCD Stories
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): ADAA’s mission is to promote the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression, and stress-related disorders through education, practice, and research. ADAA also has a series of free educational recorded webinars about the treatment of anxiety disorders and depression on their website.
- The International OCD Foundation (IOCDF): An international not-for-profit organization made up of people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and related disorders, as well as their families, friends, professionals and others.
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT): A multidisciplinary organization committed to the advancement of scientific approaches to the understanding and improvement of human functioning through the investigation and application of behavioral, cognitive, and other evidence-based principles to the assessment, prevention, treatment of human problems, and the enhancement of health and well-being.
- Anxieties.com: the website of Dr. Reid Wilson, author of Stopping the Noise in Your Head and owner of the Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center of Durham and Chapel Hill, NC, offering free self-help information on panic attacks, OCD, fear of flying, phobias, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.